Monday 5 November 2012

Mutton Egg Roll (Nizam's Kathi Kabab)

I love Indian food. Always have done. As a young child, my parents started me off on chicken biryani, before gradually progressing to the good stuff, and I've never looked back.

The food in India varies greatly between regions. Sometimes the curries and tandoori meats quite closely resemble the stuff you can get here in the UK. At other times, it is completely, utterly unfamiliar. But most of the food falls somewhere in between.

Nizam's Kathi Kabab in Delhi is a popular place with locals and tourists alike. Most of the food will sound familiar enough to allow regular curry eaters to order with confidence, but there is nevertheless a significant element of the unknown.




I went for the modest sounding "single mutton single egg roll". Imagine a nice, greasy, spicy, mutton sheek kebab (by the way - in India, 'mutton' actually means goat). Now imagine that it's wrapped in a thick, eggy pancake. Sounds good, right? Now imagine the whole thing is deep fried until it's crisp, golden, and dripping with fat.

It was one of the best things I have eaten in my whole life.





Taste


Certification






4 comments:

  1. All the dishes looks soooo yummy....wish to have it now...thanks a lot for the post....
    Chowranghee Lane Rajender Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great and delicious food dish. I must taste this. Do they have takeaway menu offer as online ordering food is much easier than dining in the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete